Photos By, Phung Photography

Monday, September 15, 2008

RUnNinG aROunD...

It feels like I haven't spent anytime on this blog forever. It's really only been a week, but that is a long time in blogging days.
I have started a weight loss competition with my cousin Jenni. There are about 17 women doing it. Everyone had to put in $25.00 and the pot is now up to like $450.00 I think. The person who losses the highest percentage of body weight by December 31st wins the whole pot. So far i have lost 6 lbs. in two weeks. Not bad, of course I have unreasonable expectations and would like to see a loss of like 5-7 lbs. a week which just isn't very common.
Nic and I have also started training for a half marathon in November. My sister in law Teena is a marathoning freak and set up this training program for us to follow. Here is a basic idea of what we do:
Monday 4 miles, Tuesday 2 miles, rest Wednesday, Thursday 4 miles, rest Friday, Saturday 6 miles and rest on Sunday.
Every Saturday our runs get longer and longer until finally the last one is the race, 13.1 miles. Let's just say that having never been a huge fan of running, these 4 and 5 mile runs are kicking my butt and leaving me barely able to walk. But I will say that at the end of it I really do feel awesome about myself.
Last Saturday we ran 5 miles and were so proud of ourselves that right when we got done we called up Teena to tell her. Then she told us, "Good job, i ran 22 miles today". Yea, that's right 22 MILES!!! Ouch! I don't know if I will ever be there but if I can finish this half marathon in three hours, I will be very proud of myself.
So other than running my butt off, (hopefully), and trying to eat very carefully I haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot. With little Nic starting school and our mornings starting at 6:30 am every morning and running and taking care of the kids. By the time they are in bed that's what I want to do, not come sit on the computer and blog. I feel so old, by 9:00 pm I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to watch an episode of The Office and then it's off to bed for me. It used to drive me crazy how fast Nic could fall asleep once we were in bed. Well the last couple weeks we have had the opposite problem, and it is awesome. He feels neglected, poor guy. I still love you baby and just think in a few months I might be closer to the size of person that you married. I'm doing it all for you!

2 comments:

missy said...

Hey guys,
I hope you don't mind, I found your blog though Pixton's. It is great to see how old friends are doing. Your family is beautiful. Take care.
Missy
missyanddave.blogspot.com

Danny, Jen, Kadee, Kambrie and Lillian said...

so so cute... i am so excited to be a part of this family. thank you for making me feel so welcome and for all of the work with the shower. you are great and i am so happy to call you sister. love, jen