Photos By, Phung Photography

Monday, August 18, 2008

:ReSErvATionS:

I have a little problem and if anyone has an easy remedy I would love the help.
My kids are growing up and I don't know how to stop it, HELP!!!

My babies that aren't really babies anymore.

Today was Gracie's first day of preschool and Nic had his kindergarten testing and will have his first day of school next Monday. When did this happen, they are leaving me already. Although having a couple hours all by myself while they are in school, will undoubtedly let me get a lot done, I am having some major reservations about all this growing up stuff. Wasn't it just last week that little Nic turned one and I found out there was going to be another little one running around. And I could swear it was just yesterday that my little girl was learning to walk. But somehow they got older right under my nose and I didn't even realize it. Being silly at breakfast, even at 7:30 AM. School starts for Nic at 8, that's right 8, ouch!

I'm sure my reservations are the same as most mothers. Are they going to be smart enough, are they going to make friends, I hope they don't get bullied and picked on. I know that sounds silly and I know they are smart and they always make friends easily, but there are always the things that since I am not there with them I can't control. Like kicking the little kids butt that makes fun of them or pushes them. :) Just kidding. I guess I have to grow up as well and let them go a little bit.
Gracie in her new classroom.
It's sure to be a fun year, full of new and exciting things. Although I am nervous I am also so excited and can't wait to see what else the future holds for our family.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe your kids are that old either. Man by the time I have kids (if I ever do) your kids will be able to babysit mine!!!

Scary!!! :)