Photos By, Phung Photography

Monday, July 14, 2008

We brought the beach home...

Since Nic was working in Augusta last week we went and stayed in a hotel with him down there so he wouldn't have to make the 2 1/2 hour trek back to Atlanta everyday. Living out of a hotel and having to eat out everyday is not my favorite thing in the world but it is worth being able to have our family together. On Sunday we went down to Savannah and went to the beach on Tybee Island. It was a lot of fun playing in the sand with the kids. There is something about the beach that brings out the child in you. I was perfectly content sitting in the sand digging for seashells with Gracie and even though I am quite scared of the ocean I couldn't help but go and play in the waves, (not too far out). Nic was building a sand castle with the kids and I think he had more fun they did. Little Nic was like a puppy dog chasing the waves out and then running from them as they came back in. A few waves knocked Gracie over and she wasn't too thrilled with the salt water in her mouth.
I really wanted to go into Savannah and check it out and spend a couple hours walking around, but by the time we were done with the beach we were so tired and had sand in every nuke and cranie possible that we just decided to drive by The Lady and Sons restaurant and then hit the road. I have a severe obsession with celebrity chefs and if I am in a town where they have a restaurant I have to see it and hopefully eat there. Some friends of ours had eaten there last year and said that it was really just a glorified Chuck-A-Rama with a 3-4 hour wait to get in. So needless to say I didn't really feel the need to eat there, but I did want to at least see it. I know I am kind of a freak. Nic and I have eaten at Bobby Flays restaurant in Las Vegas, and two of Emeril's restaurants, so it is just something we enjoy doing.
Savannah was a beautiful place, huge Oak trees with moss hanging down from them lining every street, tons of really cute little shops and many yummy looking places to eat. I am just going to have to go back there with my girlfriends so we can spend all day eating, shopping and taking pictures of cool trees. Trees are another one of my obsessions. I told Nic when I die I don't care where you bury me as long as it is underneath a huge tree.
It was a fun filled day but in the end we were happy to get home and rinse off the ten pounds of sand we brought home in our swimsuits.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing your blog. I will check back on it regularly. I will let you know when I get mine going.... some day I hope. :-) We hope you are all doing well.