Photos By, Phung Photography

Thursday, November 6, 2008

On yOur MarK...GeT sET...GO!!!!!



Well the time has arrived...The last nine weeks of training, with over 100 miles run, a lot of ice, IB Profen, knee braces, shin splints, pain relieving cream and muscle aches, all leading up too this.

We leave in the morning for St. George....Destination....The Snow Canyon Half Marathon, 13.1 miles. Nic and I have worked so hard over the last nine weeks to prepare as much as possible in the short time that we had since we decided to do this. We will be racing with Nic's older sister Teena, (she just did the St. George marathon a few weeks ago and qualified for the Boston Marathon, running it in 3 1/2 hours, that's like 8 minute miles over 26.2 miles, CRAZY), a friend of ours that we work with during the summer will also be running it. I am totally prepared to come in last, if not over all, at least out of our little group. My goal is to finish under 3 hours. The closest I have come is 9 miles in 1:55. So if I can run the last 4 miles in an hour then I will be good, it's just that at around 9 miles things are really hurting and cramping up.

So if you have some free time on Saturday morning around 11:00 am, send up a little prayer for me. The race starts at 9 am, so around 11 am I should be at about mile 10 and I'm sure I will be hating life!

P.S. I can't believe I'm off to run 13.1 miles. What is my problem!!! I will post on the whole experience when we get back on Monday. If I'm still alive!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yea! I am so excited for you. You are going to do wonderful, and even if it hurts, you will feel so good at the end. I wish I was going to be there with you. This spring it's you and me to the bitter end! Will you do another with me? I am going to try and run 13 miles on my treadmill tomorrow in honor of you and Nic and your hard work! I love you guys and I will surely send up prayers not just Saturday at 11 am!

emily said...

Good Luck!!! Although, I totally agree, you are CRAZY :)